Welcome to Colbert, GA

                             City of the Red Cannas

City HallThe City of Colbert was first chartered as Five Forks in 1899. The roads from Diamond Hill, Danielsville, Comer, Crawford and Athens came together at a point near where the traffic signal is now located. The name of Five Forks was changed to Colbert in 1909 in honor of the Colbert Family, one of the early residents. The railroad was built through Five Forks in 1891. The depot was constructed in 1892 and served as the Colbert City Hall until December 2020. City Hall is now located in the old Colbert School at 60 W. First Avenue. Up until the 1950’s, cotton was king in the area. In 1970, the Colbert July 4th Celebration and Barbeque began. The City has observed our 50th annual event. Red Cannas have been our official flower since the 1960’s.

A 150-page History of Colbert book is available at the Colbert City Hall for a cost of $20.00. (There is a need for our history book to be updated through the present.) Colbert has grown over the years and our latest census report was 630 residents.  

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Interested in finding out more about Colbert's Red Canna Park? Would you like to contribute or get the word out? Click REDCANNAPARK.COM/ to be redirected.

WE KINDLY REMIND CITY RESIDENTS OF THE LEASH LAW:  City of Colbert has a leash law in effect.  All dogs must be on a leash or contained in a secure pen.  Dogs allowed to run on street is subject to be picked up by Animal Control and a fine of up to $1,000.00 can be imposed.

 

 
 

 

E-Verify#: 328251