ANNOUNCEMENT: The City of Colbert is accepting bids for concrete, roof boxing, and gutter work. Sealed bids will be accepted through February 26, 2021.
ATTENTION: THE CITY OF COLBERT OFFICES HAVE MOVED TO 60 W FIRST AVENUE IN THE OLD COLBERT SCHOOL, ALSO KNOWN AS THE COLBERT MUNICIPAL COMPLEX.
Welcome to Colbert, GA
City of the Red Cannas
The City of Colbert was first chartered as Five Forks in 1899. The roads from Diamond Hill, Danielsville, Comer, Crawford and Athens came together at a point near where the traffic signal is now located. The name of Five Forks was changed to Colbert in 1909 in honor of the Colbert Family, one of the early residents. The railroad was built thru Five Forks in 1891. The depot was constructed in 1892 and now serves as the Colbert City Hall. Up until the 1950’s, cotton was king in the area. In 1970 the Colbert July 4th celebration and barbeque began. We have observed our 50th annual event. Red Cannas have been our official flower since the 1960’s.
A 150-page History of Colbert book is available at the Colbert City Hall for a cost of $20.00. Colbert has grown over the years and our latest census report was 592 residents.